How To Build A Website
HOW TO BUILD A WEBSITE – PLAN OF ACTIONHOW TO BUILD A WEBSITE THAT IS SUCCESSFUL
Learning to plan is the first step to learning how to build a website that is successful. If you fail to plan, plan to fail! In order to succeed, you really have to follow the C-T-P-M progression outlined by Ken Evoy in The Affiliate Master’s Course. Content –> Traffic –> Pre-Sell –> Monetization. The first step is content, and when you’re learning how to build a website you must focus on learning to build high quality, content rich pages.
THE PLANHOW TO BUILD A WEBSITE THAT IS SUCCESSFUL
1. The first step is deciding what kind of website you’re going to build. If you already own a business and are looking to take it online, then you probably already have the answer. But if you’re building an internet business from home from scratch, then you have to brainstorm and come up with a few ideas. Even if you know what you’re going to sell, do a bit of brainstorming to see how you could possibly expand now or in the future.
2. Once you have a few ideas, you have to do some market research. Is there enough demand for the goods or services you are going to provide? There must be enough demand to support your business, as well as a low enough supply. This is what’s called finding a niche.
3. Before you decide on your niche, it’s important to determine if you can monetize effectively. If you’re not planning on selling hard goods and affiliate marketing will be your main income source, you must make sure you have enough avenues through which to do so. If you’re building a business based on providing gardening tips, are there enough gardening-related affiliate programs to tap into?
4. Now that you’ve found a niche, you need to do some keyword research. Finding keywords with high enough demand and low enough competition is key to getting free organic traffic from search engines. Search engine traffic is the #1 way for your business website to get visitors. More visitors = more sales. Sure you can use advertising, but search engine traffic is free and it is easy enough to rank well in Google as long as you know a few tricks of the trade.
5. Once you’ve found a collection of low supply, high demand keywords, it’s time to build your content! This is the most time consuming part of all, especially since content is king. Any successful online website owner will tell you this. If you don’t build a relationship with your customers, you’re just another website. However, if you can create a unique voice and separate yourself from the pack then you’ll be way ahead of the game. High quality content is also the best way to do Search Engine Optimization and get listed in Google.
6. Along with building and writing quality content is building the actual website itself. There are a variety of different ways to do this. You can build it yourself from scratch by either writing the code, using an HTML editor like FrontPage or Dreamweaver, hiring out the job, or using a service such as Site Build It!. No matter the method, the website should be simple, clean, and maintain a three tier structure. Your business website design should be built with users in mind. That means no flashing animations, pop up windows, blinking kabobies, or other useless nonsense that only distracts from your content. Give people something that is rare on the internet these days: an easy to navigate, easy to read, simple website.
7. After you’ve got around 20-25 pages of content up and running, it’s time to start promoting your site and getting links. It’s important to NOT rush into the monetization of your website until it has a solid foundation of traffic, links, and reputation. Now, you don’t have to wait until you have a #1 Google rank and a household name known by thousands, but before you monetize (add affiliate links or sales pages) you need to do some community building. A brand new website that wants to sell stuff raises red flags for the search engines as well as directories and other people who might want to link to you. This is a little different for a business that is trying to set up a way to order hard goods over the internet. In that case you can set up your store sooner.
8. After you’ve monetized then you must stay in content building mode. Continue to add new content to your site at a steady pace. This helps grow your site and attract more traffic as you write content based on keywords. Continue to also advertise your site through article writing, social bookmarking through sites like de.lic.ious and Digg, and useful forum posting.
MY RECOMMENDATIONHOW TO BUILD A WEBSITE THAT IS SUCCESSFUL
Learning how to build a website can be a daunting task, especially if you’ve never done anything like it before. The good news is that even if you’ve only just learned to check your email, building a website is not impossible for you! Site Build It makes it super easy, and I’ve had amazing results. I encourage you to check out my Site Build It review and see for yourself! Site Build It is one of the only internet marketing products I will ever recommend that you can’t get for free. If you do have experience building webpages, then I still urge you to check out SBI. I was already an experienced website builder when I started with them and I found it to be a great tool.